Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday already?


Days just get away from me and I forget what has been going on the past few days!! Sunday we watched the Packer game. GO PACK!! Ok...I am really not into football. I will be into it while I am eating snacks and hanging out with family but then I get bored. Cass and I ended up outside since it was so nice out....love the fall weather!!

To close to the tv!!


Teaching her to say "Go Pack"


"uh oh" Packers lost the ball


Tuesday we went to an open house at our church for MOPS. I really liked it, all the Moms were SO nice. I tried leaving Cassie in the toddler room, I told her I was leaving and she nodded "ok". She kept her eyes on me as I walked to the door and as soon as she realized I was leaving the tears came and she yelled for "mommy"! As much fun as it would be to join MOPS if Cassie isn't ready to be left in a day care like setting I'm not going to force it on her. I am able to have "me" time when she stays with Matt and her grandparents. If she is not comfortable being left with strangers yet how can I blame her? The girl is only 2 years old! There is another group I can join called Moms & Tots that has playgroups every day. That will be the best of both worlds...I get to meet other Moms and have "adult" talk but also be with my girl and watch her make new friends. Maybe MOPS next year.




Today we had story time at the library. It was packed since Story time was cancelled yesterday due to elections. I met 2 other Moms there thru my friend Jessica. They were both so nice. We stayed at the library for 1 1/2 hours, came home for lunch and nap time. We are planning on going to a petting zoo this afternoon with the 2 new moms we met.

Ahem....someone colored on the wall.


I had someone contact me via Facebook whose daughter was born with Pierre Robin. She told me Cassie was so cute and it gives her great comfort to see how cute she is and that you can't even tell she has PRS. (Pierre Robin Syndrome) It makes me feel good as well...because to be honest when they are newborns and the jaw is so receded, the doctors tell you it SHOULD have catch up growth you still wonder. If it is genetic most likely there won't be catch up growth and distraction is needed. In Cassie's case it was symptomatic and her jaw started to grow once she was out of the womb. Anyhow...I emailed back this girl answers to all her questions. The first year of a PRS baby is tough.

Off to story time this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment