Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sick Girl

Yesterday morning we took our first trip to the pool at the YMCA which was a huge hit for Cassie. She was a prune by the time we got out of there and her lips were blue because she got cold. After we were showered and dressed we hung out with friends in the Family Play room. After Cass woke from her nap I noticed her nose was runny. We went to Maxims for a playdate because she seemed fine. I could tell it was starting to drain into her throat because she would cough once in a while. The rest of the day was good and she acted totally normal besides the runny nose. Daddy came home and tried to put her to bed at which she cried and screamed for me. She really worked herself up into a frenzy and came running out of the room yelling for me. I picked her up at which point she did the nasty gag and I knew she was going to loose her cookies. I ran her to the bathroom just in time for her to throw up. We didn't make the sink...instead we got the floor and door...and me. How do you have a 2 year old throw up in a toilet....answer - you don't. I quickly hopped into the tub and she threw up again. The poor girl pointed at her puke in the tub and cried. I don't think she had a tummy bug because she didn't get sick again...I think she just got upset about something and started gagging on the yucky drainage in her throat which made her gag and end result was puke. After that she really felt yucky. She was stuffy and had a hard time going to sleep. She woke up every hour crying from 8-11:30. After that she did sleep straight thru till almost 7 this morning. She seems to feel 100% better today. I barely see a runny nose and she is running around the house like a crazy woman.





This was our first experience with vomit and we did well. I delt with her reflux as a baby which was projectile so this really reminded me of that. Wasn't sure how I would deal with it since anything to do with puke grosses me out, however it didn't bother me and I just felt horrible for my little girl. Matt also did well. He always said he would never be able to clean it up but quess who cleaned up the mess? Yep...big brave Daddy! I was very proud of him :o)

This was today. Yes...she is sitting on her bean bag with no clothes watching "Finding Nemo"

No comments:

Post a Comment