Saturday, July 31, 2010

Go...go...go...Saturday

Last night Matts Mom watched Cassie and we went out for a date night. We went to an Irish Pub for dinner....very good. The plan after that was to head to the martini bar but we were both so stuffed we couldn't drink one....however somehow we found room for ice cream from Culvers.

Today felt like I never got a break....
This morning we went out to breakfast and Target. Matt put Cassie down for a nap and I went grocery shopping. I brought back Subway for lunch; when I got home Cassie was still sleeping and I quickly put all the cold/frozen items away and we scarfed down our food. Cassie woke up and we were off again. We went to the park, then his parents house and then out to dinner. I have to be honest and say I didn't want to go out to dinner. Its just not easy to take her out to eat. She did pretty good but I never feel like I can sit back, eat and relax. I have to hurry up and eat before she starts getting fussy. She doesn't want to sit in a highchair forever and be bored. Plus she is so distracted she doesn't really eat. She drew for a while, ate a very small amount of food and then was out of her highchair playing next to me. She just wanted me all day, no one else. No one else could even hold her hand...if they tried she cried. She seemed very whiny today and I was worn out by the time we got home. Matt gave her a bath and put her to bed while I took a nice warm bath. During my bath she stood outside the door crying, knocking on the door and yelling "momma!" Can't wait to see that sweet face and hear her sweet voice calling "up!" in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that sounds like a long long day for you!! Glad you managed to have a relaxing date night the night before! Have a great start of the week!

    ReplyDelete