Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July


Yesterday we spent all afternoon at the beach, I think this is one of my favorite things to do now. It was Matts first taste of a Choco Taco also...Mmmmmm...those things are so good!! I loaded Cassie up with sun screen but after I took off her swimsuit I can see she got a little tan, she also had sand in every crevice!! I stripped her in the bathroom and the girl got an early bath. In the late afternoon Grandma and Grandpa Rosek came over for a grill out and Cass acted like quite the ham.

In the "deep" with Daddy


"kick your legs Cassie!"


Mommy and Cass


Nachos with Daddy


Daddy and his little lady


Over the weekend I switched Cass over to "big girl" cups. She has been using a playtex stage 1 cup which has a softer spout and handles. She kept chewing the soft spout so I had to replace them often. I decided it was time to upgrade. First her new cup has no handles and its a hard spout so when I gave it to her she put it in her mouth, looked at me, laughed and threw it on the ground.....that went well. I took her cup to the beach and after swimming I gave her the cup and said to drink her juice, she was so thirsty she didn't think twice and drank the whole cup.....and that was that. Soft Spouts are packed up!! She also fed herself a whole gerber mac and cheese with a spoon by herself last night!! Such a big girl.

Her new big girl cup



My favorite thing she did this weekend:
I was sitting in the sand at the beach, she came up behind me and wrapped her little arms around my neck and put her cheek to mine...and proceeded to just hug me.

No comments:

Post a Comment