Monday, October 12, 2009

A year ago today...







On this day a year ago we went to church and I was as big as a house. After church I decided to go outside and rake some leaves...in the hopes it would kick start labor. Well...it worked. I had sat down in a lawn chair for a breather. I started feeling crampy but it never crossed my mind it could be anything labor related. I got up out of the chair and felt a gush. YIKES! I stood frozen in place. I went into the house to investigate what had just happened. Let me tell you when your water breaks it doesn't stop. I didn't expect that. I remember starting to shake. I called the hospital and they told me to come in, they would check me. We got to the hospital and the nurse didn't even have to use the test strip to verify my water broke...she could tell right away. Let me just say how surreal it is to realize you are having that baby! That it is time. I got my gown on and my hubby and I paced the hallways, it was actually alot of fun at that point. I didn't feel much and we were so excited!! It is an amazing experience awaiting the birth. Things changed once they gave me pitocin. The contractions started to get more intense and my goal had been to go thru labor without any meds. I did well, but as the hours passed I got more tired, my body was shaking and I remember at one point just putting my head on the bed because I couldn't focus anymore. I ended up getting the epidural which is AWSOME!! However...I have to say that I don't remember what contractions felt like anymore so I proubly could have gone thru labor without anything. BUT Epidural = Awsome...at least in my case. I was able to SLEEP and relax. I still was shaking and thats because my body was working so hard per the nurse. I slept, woke up, and it was time to push. I was able to push just fine and within 30 min Cassie was born. My labor started at 3:30 in the afternoon and I had her at 7:30 in the morning the next day. Tomorow my little girl turns 1 year old!!

Today my parents and aunt stopped over. My aunt had a gift for her. Tomorrow we are having a special day of fun for our birthday girl with just Mommy and Daddy, Daddy has taken off work so it should be a nice day!


Mommy, Cassie and Daddy

Mommy and Daddy

Here Mommy - eat some cake




Big Present!

Showing off her Birthday Card

Stuffed Bear from Grandma and Grandpa Hadovski

Book from Mommy and Daddy (I had this book as a kid and had to get it for her)




Just wanted to show a pic of the waves in her hair...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! She's turning one! My water broke too and I too was SHOCKED that the flow never stopped! Yeah that was a huge surprise! And I too am incredibly grateful for epiderals. :)

    ReplyDelete