Sunday, October 25, 2009

Post-Op


Cassie is doing so well after surgery. Yesterday she pretty much slept all day again. Today she seems back to her normal schedule,however we did put her to bed 30 min earlier than normal because she was sleepy. She is playing with toys and eating normally.

Kissing her doggy

She even took 15 sips from her cup today!! I am sure she won't be as cooperative with that tomorrow because she doesn't care for her cup...we'll see.

Pulling on her doggy



Petting her doggy


She also already sounds different! She already made some new sounds today and just the tone of her voice is different since the air doesn't escape thru the cleft...its amazing.

We are praying for good healing and that no fistuals(holes) develop. In 2 weeks we go back to see her surgeon so he can see how its healing. Its going to be a LONG 2 weeks. Its actually alot of work to be in her face to constantly make sure she doesn't put anything in her mouth but its better than the alternative of her screaming and crying because the restraints are on.

Her socks (restraints)

Clapping today

Pucker up

Just up from her morning nap

Sitting on Daddys lap

2 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa I am so happy to see that she is doing so good! She looks great!!!!! So glad that this is all almost behind you. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she looks great! Whew what a relief. I have actually been putting off reading your blog I have been so nervous, but what hope! I am so grateful that she did so well and seems to be back to herself (well as much as possible). I am nervous about Angela's sounds changing but I keep reminding myself it will allow them to actually talk and communicate with us. I am so happy for you! You guys have been in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete