Saturday, October 24, 2009

Surgery

We are home!! Cassie had her cleft palate repaired yesterday. We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 am, Cass decided to wake up at 4am so she helped keep us on time. They had to give her a sedative because she is not a happy girl if she is seperated from me. It finally kicked in when we were in the surgery holding area. She was still whimpering and her head kept falling unto my shoulder, her eyelids kept closing - she was pretty pathetic looking. I gotta say I cried when they took her. Its so hard to see your little girl being taken away knowing she is going to be in pain.

Surgery took 2 hours. I was called back into the recovery room and she was crying and holding her arms out to me to pick her up. Her voice was kinda raspy from being swollen and the breathing tube had been down it. We got up to her room around 11:00 and she was given some morphine. She slept the entire day and night till 6am!! She did amazing. We acutally took off the arm restraints when she first woke up and started crying, once we took them off she reached for her beloved stuffed doggy and fell asleep. We are just putting socks on her hands so she can't get her fingers or toys into her mouth and she is tolerating that just fine.

We got home this morning, she ate a Yo-Baby Yogurt and is now napping. Her surgion is just amazing! Her palate looks great, you would never even know she just had it fixed. He said she can create suction in 10 days!!! The things we take for granted like suction!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, what an ordeal. SO GLAD everything went well though and that it's all over with!!! Praise God. I'll be praying Cassie makes a quick recovery and that she feels one hundred percent in the coming days. Have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she is so brave! What an amazing little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your baby girl is doing so well. I have been keeping up with your blog for about a month and a half now. My daughter is 3 months old with Pierre Robin and a cleft palate as well, so I have enjoyed seeing how things are going with your family. Your little girl is just beautiful, I'll keep her in my thoughts as she recovers.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how amazing! I am so glad things went well and she is doing so well. 10 days?! Wow.

    ReplyDelete