Monday, October 5, 2009

Met our favorite NICU nurse today

3rd day with no bottles!!! I did not think this was going to happen but Cassie is surprising me! She is eating tons of solid food now and it seems like she is not even noticing her bottle is missing. Hoping this trend keeps going!

Today we met our favorite nurse we had when Cassie was in the NICU. We met at a bookstore and caught up on the past 11 months. I can't beleive its been 11 months since she walked me and Cassie out to the car. She was a great nurse, when I was told Cassie would need surgery I had held it together...until she asked me if I was "ok" and then the tears came and she hugged me. I will always remember that. If Cassie had never been born with Pierre Robin I would never have met Alayna and I am so glad I know her....its very interesting how things work out.

After coffee Cass and I ran to the grocery store and then home. We sat outside and threw the ball for Athena. Had dinner, bath, read books and put her to bed. (again...no bottle!!)

Anyhoo...gotta go and watch the Packer game now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you continued your friendship with your nurse. I am trying to keep up to date on facebook with some of Angela's :)

    I am so glad to hear the no bottle situation is working out! Our prayers are with you in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete