Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Viability Day!!

24 Weeks Pregnant with my twins!!!



Big milestone.   From here on out every week will give them more chance of survival if they were to be born.  Its a big thing because with twins you never know what could happen.  Hopefully I carry them to 36 weeks, but anything after 32 weeks I will be happy with.

At this point in pregnancy they also start packing on the pounds, adding fat to their little bodies.   Which means Momma is going to really start getting big.   I love it.   

I had my OB checkup Monday.   My Dr. looked over the report from my peri.   She said the babies are growing great, good heart beats and are nice and active.  Good job girls!   My placenta is now 1.5 cm away from my cervix, they want it to be 2 or 3 cm away, she told me I will have nothing to worry about.   I weighed in at 144 pounds, my blood pressure was slighly elevated but nothing that she was concerned about.  It must have just been from me rushing to get to my appointment because 3 days ago it was perfect.

I have all my appointments scheduled up until I would be induced.   Starting in May I will be going to my OB every Monday and my Peri every Friday.   Lots of appointments!!  In May they expect me to always be within an hour of the hospital.  

We put up both cribs last weekend.   It is so surreal to walk by and see 2.   It still doesn't seem real.   I can't beleive we are having 2 babies!!    We have 2 bouncers up, 2 cribs, see both babies on u/s but my brain is just having a hard time accepting it.  I don't think it will hit me until I am holding them in my arms.  
Cassie helping Daddy

All set up

So far this twin pregnancy has been great.    I feel great.  Nothing much different than a singleton pregnancy, except I am bigger.   So far so good!!   Grow babies, grow!!

5 comments:

  1. WE don't know eachother, but I follow your blog! I don't even know how I found you :) But I have to say, I am soooo happy for you and your family to be expecting your two new girls!! It must be so fun!! You look adorable and are holding the weight of those little girls so well! All belly!! Viable day was always the best day in both of my pregancies! I hope your following weeks are great and you have a wonderful labor!! Best of luck!!!!!!
    http://mylightpost.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from SUYL! I'm momma to two & half yo twin girls (born at 29 weeks) and a 4 yo son! So glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SUYL! So glad to have found you! I'm momma to two & half yo twin girls (born at 29 weeks) and a 4 yo son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! Thanks for stopping by my blog! congratulations on your twins and BTW you have a beautful family!! Twins are sooo much fun and i know you cant wait! Im going to email you about the moms on call;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are adorable, as always!! Your cribs look great too:) YAY for viability - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete