Saturday, March 17, 2012

Homeschooling update

Cassie knows how to spell her name and write it all by herself.   We do need to work on her "S" but she has the idea, I think she is doing pretty good for a 3 year old, though I may be a bit biased :o)


Our homeschooling is going well.    I have moved on to Kindergarten aged work since preschool stuff was no challenge for her.   We usually only do an hour or so of work....I go off of her and if she wants to do more or not.  I don't want to push her to much...plus she is only 3.    The other day we set up a grocery store and I priced everything and gave her a bunch of pennies.  When she came to checkout she needed to count her pennies and give the amount written on the price tag.   I find that she does much better when I teach her that way than out of a workbook.   I try to make the learning fun so it doesn't even seem like she is learning.   Some times I teach her every day and some weeks go by where we skip a few days.   Today is Saturday and we did about an hour of teaching, we did adding, subtracting, reading and spelling. 

We are now waiting for Daddy to get home from taking a test and then we are heading out for the day to enjoy this weather....its supposed to be 76 degrees!!    I have to head to Motherhood Maternity, the shorts I used when pregnant with Cassie are not going to cut it for this twin pregnancy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment