Friday, March 23, 2012

23 Weeks and Perinatologist Appointment

I stepped on the scale today and am weighing in at 143.   I also had my Perinatologist appointment at 8am this morning.   The Perinatologist said both babies are looking good. They are both measuring a week behind but that is normal for twins, she said I am not going to have 10 lb twins.   They also are both the same size.  They would start to get concerned if there was a 20% difference in their sizes but both little sweeties are about the same.  We also have names for our girls, Baby A is Amanda but we will call her Mandy and Baby B is Emily.    Mandy is weighing in at 1 lb;1 oz.  She is head down.  Emily is at 1 lb and is butt down.  
23 Weeks - bare belly

23 weeks

My Placenta has moved some.   Its not covering my cervix, it is just near it but it does need to move more.    If I were to go into labor now I would still need a C-section but the perinatologist believes it will be moved out of the way by the time these girls are due.   

My cervix measured around 5.75, so close to 6 like last time so that is fantastic news. 
Emily (baby B)

So it was a good appointment, a relief to know both babies are doing great and my body is doing what it should do when it comes to carring twins. I'll have another Perinatologist appointment in 4 more weeks to check on the girls growth and the placenta.   My OB appointment is on Monday and then I will start going to see her every other week....yes!!!   This 4 week wait takes forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment