Monday, December 5, 2011

Why I never thought twins would happen...

My first clinic did the e-tegrin test and told me I was missing a important protein that aided in the implantation of the embryos.   I had to be on Lupron Depot for 3 months to hopefully correct it.     My new clinic said they did not believe in this test so they didn't do anything in regards to it. 

My first clinic did assisted hatching while this clinic did not.

My first clinic transferred 3 embryos and only 1 attached...and with very low HCG levels to start out with.  So low that they said it was a chemical pregnancy and that I would miscarry. 

So I thought we would be lucky if 1 attached.  I never imagined both of them would.
Praise God!!  It can be intimidating to think about having 2 newborns and carrying 2 babies but I know God created these two babies and knows each of them already so that helps put things in perspective.  My husband said as long as these babies are healthy it will be a breeze compared to Cassie.   Having a newborn with a feeding tube, oxygen, surgeries, pulse oxymeters was hard.  If we have 2 healthy babies that will be less stressful that one baby that requires constant medical care and worry.  Maybe God was prepping us for this.

Its funny the reactions we have had when we tell people were having twins.  All of the reactions have been from men.  When we showed friend A the u/s his words were "you guys are screwed"  Haha.

Friend B said "Jackpot" and gave me a high five

Friend C just thought I was joking and stared at me like a deer in headlights until I made it clear I was not joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment