Thursday, December 22, 2011

10 weeks/1 day pregnant

I graduated from my fertility clinic today!!   I was full of anxiety when I went in today.   Since I don't have any symptoms besides hunger I start to wonder if everything is ok.  I know it will be much more reassuring when I can feel the babes moving. 

It was amazing how big they had grown since 2 weeks ago.   And they actually look like babies!   They have heads, arms, legs and fingers.  And were they putting on a show for us.  They were waving and somersaulting around.  AMAZING.   At one point they both put their hands to their face.  The same hand to the same side of their face.  Our doctor said they were so in tuned to each other.  She said she has never seen twins do that before....they were like synchronized swimmers!   Dr. Hayes kept saying they were doing awesome.   I just wanted to cry.

Both babies measured 10 weeks/2 days.  Baby A had a heart rate of 163 and Baby B was 168.  

This was where they were putting their hands to their face

One of the babies - solo shot


After the exam she told me she would meet us at the front desk, so I got dressed and went up there.  The staff had a "graduation/congratulations" gift bag for us.   Inside were 2 adorable stuffed animals for the babies and 2 sets of combs, files and fingernail clippers.  How sweet was that?   I told Dr. Hayes thank you for everything and gave her and my nurse a hug.
I'm so thankful for her expertise. 
Our gift bag

Aren't they cute!


Cassie kept asking to hold a stuffed animal and asked where hers was.  Here goes the sibling jealousy!   As we were leaving the front desk asked us to wait a second.   Out the nurse came with a stuffed animal just for Cassie.   How thoughtful was that.  

And no more shots or pills!!  

What a wonderful early Christmas present.   I am so thankful for Cassie, for the 2 babies growing inside of me and for everything God has blessed me with.   My cup definitely is overflowing!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your blog via another infertility blog ( I'm a blog reader but don't have my own!) I have six month old twin boys and just realized while reading your post that a year ago I was 10 weeks on December 23rd, so right where you are at now! I'm looking forward to reading along during your pregnancy. Like I said, I don't blog but I'm on facebook if you want to find me: Lauren Guyer. Good luck in your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete