Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas celebration this week to be rescheduled...

Thursday - Saturday we had plans to celebrate Christmas with Matts side of the family.  However we have decided to not join in on the festivities.  One part of the family has had the stomach flu this week, I quess they are feeling better now but we don't feel comfortable hanging out with them and going to their house after they have just been throwing up the past 4 days.   Even if they feel better they are still contagious.   The last thing I want is a stomach bug going around our house.   Being pregnant and throwing up does NOT sound appealing to me.   I know we could get the stomach flu from anywhere but that is unknowlingly.   I know being pregnant if you are throwing up and can't keep fluids down alot of times you end up at the hospital for an IV to receive fluids.....does not sound like something I would like to be doing.  

So its sad that we won't see anyone and miss everything.  I don't think Matts Dad is joining in the Christmas celebration either because he is not feeling well from the Cancer and I'm sure the last thing he also wants is the stomach flu.

As I was typing this I just got a phone call saying everything is cancelled because another family member of Matts caught the stomach bug last night.   Looks like everything will need to be re-scheduled.  

We haven't had the stomach bug in over 10 years and if I can keep up that trend it would be awsome.  I know the likely hood of that happening is low but I can dream.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah it's important to keep your family safe and healthy. I hate when people go to events when they are sick, it's not fair to everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosek family,

    We have not met; I stumbled upon your blog via Blogger when I was posting to my private blog. I am enjoying learning about your family and am so excited about the arrival of your twins this coming summer! My husband and I are parents of one son and three daughters(ages 14-4). I just loving having babies, but my husband and I decided that four is good and that we are just getting too old!

    Anyway, I had to comment on your latest post. You totally made the right decision to postpone your celebration (even before you got that recent phone call). I have a huge stomach bug phobia and do everything I can to avoid it (we, fortunately, don't seem very prone to it). Between your darling daughter and your two growing babes, you need to take every precaution. Good call!

    Best wishes for a happy 2012; you will be in my prayers as those babies grow. I will live vicariously through you!

    Sincerely,
    Jennie M.

    ReplyDelete