Thursday, December 16, 2010

A visit to my old office

This morning I brought Cassie to the office I used to work at to visit with my old
co-workers. When I was pregnant with her and it was my last day of work they told me to come in and show them the baby when I had her. Well....things didn't go as planned. Her first year was so full of medical issues and the 2nd year she had such horrible stranger anxiety as a result of so many doctor visits it would not have been a pleasant experience to bring her into the office. Well today...over 2 years since I had her I finally brought her in. My heart was actually beating faster as I drove there because I couldn't beleive I was actually bringing my daughter there. When I worked there I found out we had problems and had a 1% chance of conceiving, I watched other co-workers get pregnant and have their babies while I remained childess, I went thru IVF while working there and was told I would miscarry while working there. It is so amazing to me that I was driving there with my daughter to meet everyone.... even if it was 2 years after she was born. God is awsome.

I have to say I loved working there. I enjoyed my job and there was never a day I didn't want to go to work. My fellow co-workers were awsome as well. I loved working with everyone there. It was so surreal to be standing in there talking with everyone. I can't beleive its been over 2 years since I walked out those doors, it feels like yesterday. As I talked to everyone it sure didn't feel like 2 years had passed.
They asked me if I was ready to come back....and of course my answer was no. I love my job now and am not looking for a new one! :o)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to go visit your old co-workers. I know that feeling of walking back in after leaving... so anxious. I hope Cassie enjoyed meeting everyone. And I'm glad to hear you are happy with your new career! It is the best job, right? :)

    ReplyDelete