Friday, November 26, 2010

Our Turkey Day


Thanksgiving Day morning we went to Papa and Nana's house for a couple of hours. My Mom made some goodies to eat and Papa gave Cass a box of animal crackers. She always has such a fun time over there. I sat in the living room with the fireplace going and it was just so nice. I am so blessed and thankful for what God has given me. To think back when I was a little girl celebrating holidays in that room and now here I am with my husband and little girl...it truly is a dream come true. As I sat there I thought back to last year which was still a pretty stressful time with her. She had just gotten over her cleft palate surgery and her "stranger danger" was in full force as a result of all the hospital visits....fast foward to yesterday. It was awsome to sit there with a soda and snacks and watch my little girl play with Nana and Papa. Again...so very thankful.

Nana and Cassie

Mommy and Cass

Papa and Cassie

Daddy tickling Cassie!

My sweet little family of 3

Papa and Cassie watching Tinkerbell....or tinkiebell as Cassie calls it

My Dad and I

The Hubs and I

Giving Athena a belly rub - I MISS this girl!


We came home for lunch and nap time. After her nap we all cuddled up on the couch with blankets and watched Monsters Inc. She really got into that movie. Its so much fun to sit down and watch these fun movies together. I made a turkey dinner for my little family of 3. Turkey (of course!!) mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole and apple pie. It was a nice relaxing day. We didn't hang out alot with others because Matt has a big trial coming up so he is spending alot of time preparing for that.

Mmmm...dip!!

and some chips to go along with that dip! (I think she double dipped!)


A couple days ago I researched different crafts Cass and I could do. I only found 2 which I liked. The first one was her handprint and I made it into a turkey with a poem for the grandparents. The other craft was a turkey hat. She loved it!



She loved it so much she requested a turkey hat for her puppy...so I made a mini turkey hat! She thought that was the greatest thing in the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment