Monday, November 8, 2010

Bonfires and Dress-up

The past couple of weekends we have made bonfires on our patio....it is one of those "dreams come true" to be sitting on the patio with my family. When she is older I want her to look back and remember all the fun things we did as a family and our traditions....traditions are a huge thing for me. She already seems to love having bonfires!

Cassie helping Daddy bring wood to the fire

And back up the hill for more wood

Watching Daddy break up the big sticks

Keeping my baby warm

She looks a little scared here! She points and says "hot" and "smoke"

Helping with the raking


Cassie is talking up a storm. She will repeat everything and anything that is said. It is so fun. Her memory is also amazing! I can't beleive some of the things she remembers. She is a huge fan of "Finding Nemo". She is always talking about the big shark in the movie. She will point to her teeth and say "BIG" and then say "Go, go go shark!" She also loves Dori....but who doesn't like Dori? :o)

I used to feed Cassie dinner around 5:30 and then after she was in bed Matt and I would eat dinner. Last week I decided to do dinner time together as a family. I think its nice to sit down at the end of the day and eat together. I remember that as a child and I want her to remember that as well. Matt is now trying to be home shortly after 6 so we try to eat around 6:15 or so. Before dinner we pray. Just after a couple times of praying she will now sit in her chair, fold her hands and bow her head then say "Amen".



Last week we played dress up. She tried on a bunch of dresses that were way to big for her. She does have this cinderlla dress that fits ok.

She walked around the house in it all evening

and stared at herself in the mirror -ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment