Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sledding,late Christmas, and events from today

We finally got a snow storm last week.  Cassie and I went sledding and afterwards made chocolate chip cookies.   Perfect things to do when its a cold snowy day!





Yesterday we finally celebrated Christmas with Matt's side of the family since everyone is over the stomach flu.  Cassie fell asleep in the car on the way there so was very clingy and not in a good mood when we got there.   She broke into a few tears for no reason.  Once she woke up and got over being groggy she had a blast with Sarah and Valerie.  She loved Grandmas Roast Beef and kept asking for more of the "chicken".   Whatever.
After dinner we opened presents and then had desert.  Then the sugar high from desert kicked in and she was a nut running around the house.

Playing Hello Kitty Bingo

Sarah, Cassie and Valerie

The girls were harassing Uncle Jim

Monkey Papa and Cassie

Being tickled



Monkey Papa is not feeling very well as a result of the liver cancer.  He is turning yellow and the doctors said if he is not feeling better in a week its not looking good. :o(  Say some prayers.
Opening presents






Today I helped out in Cassie's Sunday School class.  I could see some jealously this time as a result of me being in class.  I had 4 little girls who also wanted to sit with me and Cassie wasn't to thrilled with that.  One little girl kept rubbing my leg and Cassie didn't like that either.   She was upset and when it was time to pray she was the only one who wouldn't sit down and pray and was almost in tears and voicing her feelings.   Ugh!!!!    I told her to sit down and be quite and then ignored it.....my prayer was she wouldn't melt down in class and I would have to bring my child out of there for a time out.   Thankfully she didn't and got control.    Phew!

Later this afternoon we went to the Y to go swimming and then to play.   There was another girl in there who I went to high school with and her little girl was there.  She is younger than Cassie but they did NOT get along.   The first words out of Cassie's mouth were " I don't like her".   Said it right in front of her Mom.  Nice.   Cassie was pushing a chair into her legs.  Purposefully. Then they all went into the big play gym and Cassie starts to cry.   She told me the little girl hit her.  So there was an apology from the little girl.   Then Cassie says " I hit her but she hit me back".....like totally shocked that this little girl hit her back.    I told her Mom that the real story came out.    Back in the play gym them went.  I went over to supervise since I knew they were not good with each other.   The little girl was purposefully kicking Cassie's pony tails with her feet which made Cassie melt down into tears because her hair was getting ruined.   This signaled it was time to go home.   I don't know what it was but Cassie did not like this little girl.   On the way home she kept telling us how naughty the little girl was.  I told her "Well you were naughty to.  You hit her first"  Cassie said "I know, I know,  I'm sorry Mom".  

After refereeing those 2 I need a glass of wine.....but can't.  We had a talk about it and her behavior.   I'm sure I will be dealing with fights once the twins are born and older.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - sounds like you've had a lot going on lately, friend! Snow, Christmas, Sunday school, and a conflict between Cassie and the other little girl!

    First, I will definitely be sending up extra prayers for your Dad - I'm so sorry to hear he's not doing well. Please continue to keep us posted on him.

    Second, with the snow I am SO envious! I saw Seattle had its first snow today too and I am missing it a lot! Looks like you guys enjoyed it very much - that's great:)

    With Sunday school and the conflict, sigh:( I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that..not fun. Although I do think it's pretty darn sweet your little girl's attached to you, and also that she apologized for her part in hitting the other girl. You're definitely raising her right!! I also think you handled the situation perfectly.

    Hope you're feeling wonderfully in your pregnancy! If it makes you feel any better with the wine I am having a glass now and thinking of you..and let me assure you it's not all that great..you're not missing much;)

    ReplyDelete