Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"There is something about Cassie"

I have heard this 3 times now.  The first time was in the NICU.  A nurse was carrying her back for her first surgery and said "There is just something about her".

The next time was a couple months ago at the library.  I was talking to the children's Librarian and she said the exact same words.   "There is something about Cassie".

Someone else just said it to me the other day.  I had a new play date Mom come over to my place.  We know each other through story time and have only talked briefly.  I saw her at the park the other day and she asked if we could do a play date with her and her daughter...so we scheduled one.  When they were over here she told me that she wanted to have a play date with me and Cassie just from watching Cassie in story time.  She said Cassie seems so kind, listens well...then she said "There is just something about her".   Talk about making me a Momma proud.  I did tell her Cassie has her days.  She is not perfect let me tell ya!  She has her terrible two tantrums just like any other 2 year old and she gets put in the corner more often than she would like.  But...it was so nice to hear.   So I take it when I hear "There is something about Cassie" that it is a good thing :o)

On the IVF front I went today for my day 3 FSH. Cassie came with me.  I did not know I would be having a fun internal U/S but Cassie was so well behaved.  She just sat next to me and held my hand.  The cyst is gone and everything is looking good to go.  My meds should be ordered this week.  This appointment cost me $840!!   Crazy expensive.  But it is what it is.

After the doctor we went to McDonald's with Daddy for lunch.   3 little old ladies stopped at our table and told us how they were talking about how pretty Cassie was.  Put a smile on my face.  Actually....it puts a smile on my face when she puts a smile on others faces.  

I told Cassie we were trying for a baby again and these were the words out of her mouth, " I don't want a baby.  I want a cat.  A cat is better"   Ooooook.  Maybe she will get a cat even if we do get pregnant again.  I haven't told Daddy that. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment