Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Dad and Mom

Today my Dad and Mom got baptized.

This makes me so happy. It was amazing to see them confess their faith in Jesus Christ as their savior in front of the congregation.  My eyes watered and Cassie, I and the whole congregation clapped for them afterwards.   Our pastor actually talked about my family after they were baptized.  He mentioned me, how I had gone to youth group (over 16 years ago) and he talked to me about my parents.  He mentioned their store they once owned and how he used to go there just to talk to them.  He told the congregation how they came to last years Easter service and their hearts changed and ever since then their faith has been growing like weeds.  It was amazing.   I'm so blessed to belong to a wonderful church, have a wonderful pastor who helped lead my parents to Christ and to know I will see my parents in Heaven one day. 


After church Cassie and I went to their house to celebrate.  Matt missed the baptism but showed up at their house later.  He missed the Baptism because he was flying home from a wedding. 


My parents grilled out hot dogs, had pasta, baked beans and some really good Brownies.  Then we headed home .  Cass fell asleep in the car pretty much right away.  I transported her to the couch and Daddy fell asleep beside her.  So here I sit updating my blog.  
Unfortunately I have to go wake up this little girl so she goes to bed at a decent time.   This may not be good...I could have a little monster on my hands waking her up from a nap.   Here it goes.....

2 comments: