Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Potty Training

Monday I decided to stay home the whole day and give potty training a try. I have read that around 2 is the best time to start, that if you wait too long it may become more difficult. I also read you need to plan to stay home for a few days and just concentrate on the training. I have been holding off because I like getting out of the house and the idea of staying home all day for a couple days was not very appealing. But....Monday that is what I did.

Day #1 of potty training - She has 6 pair of "princess" underwear and she peed in every single one of them. I then just didn't put anything on her lower half and it seemed easier for her to sense that she was peeing and had to use the potty. She also pooped on the floor, that was not pleasent. The afternoon went alot smoother than the morning, she had only 2 accidents.

Day #2 of potty training - Storytime was in the morning and Cassie loves it so we went. I just put her in pull ups. I took her to the big potty about 3 times when we were at the library. She sat on it but didn't have to go. She stayed dry the whole time there which was over an hour. We got home and she went pee in her potty. Grandma came over in the afternoon because I had to run errands. I put her in pull-ups so Grandma wouldn't have to deal with any messes but told Cassie if she needed to go pee to let Grandma know. Grandma told me she went in her potty twice when I was gone and her pull-up was dry. I was not expecting that!! She had one accident all day!!

Day #3 (today)- Instead of letting her be naked today I put on her big girl underwear along with pants. She has had only 1 accident this morning. The other times she was running around doing her thing and all of a sudden stopped in her tracks, said "pee" and went in her potty. One of the times she actually took off her own pants and undies! She gets alot of cheers and high fives from Mommy any time she goes to her potty.

So...I am amazed at how well she is doing and am hoping it continues. My plan is to put her in big girl undies at home but when we go out put on pull-ups in case she has an accident. Today we are going to my parents and I am going to bring along her potty so we can keep on working on it.

1 comment: