Friday, April 16, 2010

18 Months Old


Wow, a year and a half has gone by! Its hard to believe in 6 short months Cassie will be 2 years old!! I remember when she was an infant and we were dealing with her feeding tube, pulse oximeter, haberman bottle, projectile vomiting from the feeding tube and numerous appointments at Childrens - all of that is all behind us and you would never know the tough first year Cassie had...besides the 2 small scars on her tummy from the feeding tube. I am so proud of my little trooper.

Love putting her hair in a pony tail...just wish she would leave it in!




We did shopping at Babies R Us this week, stopped at Daddy's work to say hi, story time at the library and play dates. It was a fun week. I have noticed a change in Cassie this week, smarter is the only word to describe it. Every day she does something different and it just amazes me in what she does and understands. I feel like I am talking to a child that is older than 18 months!

In Mommy's shoes







I was reading statistics today. Pierre Robin has an incidence ranging from 1 in 8,500to 1 in 30,000 babies being born with it. So Cassie happened to be "that 1". After a feeding tube is removed 85% of the stoma sites close up on their own...Cassie decided to be one of the 15% that needed surgery to close it. I also just happened to read that 85% of children crawl before they walk....umm..not Cassie. She decided to be part of that 15% that does things differently. You go girl! Always taking the road less taken! Ha Ha!

1 comment: