Monday, June 27, 2011

Cassie belongs on Xmen


I beleive Cassie has a mutation.  Have you seen X-MEN?   We saw it over the weekend and I am pretty sure she could have played Banshee on X-MEN.   His mutation is he has a super sonic scream.     The definition of Super Sonic Scream is this:  The ability to generate vocal sounds of a higher amplitude than a normal human.   Yep, totally Cassie.


We went to church on Sunday and during the announcments Cassie's mutation took over.   I could feel it starting so I went to pick her up to carry her out of the sactuary but by doing that I only made the mutation generate faster.   Her scream went super sonic in the sactuary during the announcments.  I fought to pick her up and she did that whole toddler stiffen up routine.  I finally got her out of there and she was a snotty teary mess.   I cringe thinking about it now.   A little old woman came up to me and said " I remember those days".   I thought she was talking about having a little one.  I said "She just had a freak out".  The sweet little lady said "I know, I heard".  Well of course, how could you not?!!    Super sonic remember?    She was in the sactuary and witnessed it and said she looked at her daughter and said "I remember those days"  and her daughter said "I do too".  Its so nice to have other Moms understand.

My 89 year old Grandma is a different story.  I talked to her today and told her what happened she said "I have never been around a child who suddenly does that.  Maybe you can find someone to talk to who can tell you what the problem is and what you can do about it."   Ummm...yea.   I told her its normal and thats where the terrible two term comes from.   I suppose when your 89 you forget what having a toddler can be like.

On another note, Cassie had a little cold over the weekend.  Just a really plugged up nose.  Friday she was eating a chicken nugget.   It is hard to eat/swallow well when you can't even breath, well she started gagging.   Then there was nothing.  I quickly picked her up and stood her and smacked her back.  Nothing.  No gag, no cry, no sound.  The no gag is what scared me and my gut was I had to do the heimlich.   I just had this feeling and I wrapped my arms around her, gave one quick thrust and out came chicken.  She started crying.   Scary but I'm glad I didn't panic and just did it. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so sorry about Cassie's episode:( I don't have a two-year-old yet but I have friends/family who do/have had a child that age, and it definitely is normal!! Sometimes those don't just occur at age two..and yikes, so sorry to hear about your scary choking incident with Cassie! That must've been terrifying for you. But way to go, Mama!! Your life-saving skills saved your sweet baby girl. Great job. Your hubby must've been so proud of you! Makes me wanna take a refresher CPR course.

    ReplyDelete