Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Mommys Day

For Mothers Day Matt and Cassie got me some new clothes....unfortunately none of them looked good or fit right.   Matt felt bad about that.  (Matt - stop shopping in the junior section for me!!  I'm not 16 anymore haha!)  That morning we went to church, out to lunch and then decided to head to the zoo.   The zoo was insanely busy because it was free for Moms.    Cassie went on her first pony ride.  The look on her face and her giggles once the pony started to move was priceless.   She kept yelling "Giddy up pony!"  She also went on her first carousel.  I was actually a little nervous...not for Cassie but for me.   I have watched it before and it really spins fast!   I was so scared I would get motion sickness while on it, but it wasn't bad at all.  It looks way worse watching it than actually being on it.   Again it was a huge hit with Cass.   This is one of my favorite things being a Mommy, seeing everything new through her eyes.  I love it.   We spent 2 1/2 hours at the zoo and then went to Kopps for custard.  Cassie got her own cone and to say she was a mess afterwards is an understatement.  That cone melted so fast, it was running down her hands, dripping on her shoes and the wind was blowing her hair into it.  She was a sticky little girl...but that's part of the fun in being a kid!   After ice cream we went to a park and finally got home around 4.   She had totally skipped a nap and was in bed at 7:00.  I told Matt for future Mothers Days I really don't need anything, spending time with him and Cassie is all I need.  It was a great day!!

I have pictures to come but were still working on our computer issue.  Also....tomorrow is our big appointment with the high risk pregnancy doctor and geneticist so we'll see if we have any more answers after meeting with them.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Mother's Day! Aside from the craziness that was the zoo and the ill-fitting clothes from your hubby..;) At least his heart was in the right place, haha. I can hardly wait to hear how your appointment goes!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete