Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Homeschooling

I got this book from the library called "What your Preschooler needs to know".  I like it except for one thing.  One teeny, tiny little thing.  The book has a section teaching the children about animals.  It says the following:

"Worms and Whales, beetles and bears, bunnies and kittens, goldfish and snails.  They are all animals.  You are an animal too." 

What??  I talked to my neighbor yesterday who is in college.  She said in all her science classes the professor bashes creation and bashes God.   The stuff she was telling me the teachers teach these kids blows my mind. There is no creation its all evolution and we all come from apes.  Its sad.  There is a big difference between animals and humans.  Here are some:

1)  We are made in Gods Image, animals were not
2)  We have a conscience so we can differ between right and wrong, animals don't
3)  God spoke the animals into existence but breathed life into man

I am not going to send my child off to public school where this is what she is going to be taught.  No way!  At 4 years old they are going to try to tell my little girl she is an animal? Not happening. This is one reason why we are planning on homeschooling.  I have already been researching and reading up on it.   I'll admit I was scared at first and unsure but the more I have read up on it the more I am totally on board.   I'm now very excited to teach her and learn with her.   I have already been reviewing Christian Curriculum which I love.   While she is learning Math, Writing, Science etc....she will also be learning about Jesus.  God put this little girl in my care and it is my duty to teach her to follow Christ and I will NOT have someone else try to lead her away from him.

Did I mention my hubby was home schooled?  Yep....and he is the smartest guy I know and I am not just saying that because I am married to him.  He has always amazed me with how much he knows.  He went to undergrad and then to Law School and now supports his family which allows me to stay home with Cassie. 

I know homeschooling may not be for everyone but its whats best for our family and I am looking forward to the journey!!




 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so crazy what they are teaching children these days. We still have a ways to go, but we are praying about homeschooling Brayden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the homeschooling! I've been considering it ... we'll see what we decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I think it's fantastic and admirable that you're choosing to homeschool. From what I hear it's hard (but extremely rewarding:)) work. Your little girl is going to have such fond memories of learning from you and I'm sure will one day appreciate all the effort you put in to give her the best education. Kudos to you, Mama!!

    ReplyDelete