Sunday, February 28, 2010

Church

Her little cheeks are red and blotchy because she is teething

Today we made it to church for the first time in a long time. It was SO good to be back. I love singing the worship songs and always get so emotional, holding Cassie in my arms and singing the songs brought a flood of emotions and the tears came to my eyes. Not tears of sadness but tears of joy. We are so blessed and God is so amazing and to know that no matter what happens in our life he is ALWAYS in control is such a comfort. I am so thankful to God for everything, even for our infertility because it brought me even closer to him and made me stronger. Before we had settled on our decision of IVF and while we underwent the treatments I committed myself to reading the bible everyday, it was a great comfort. While Cassie was in the hospital the first month of her life I was still calm and at peace because I knew God was in control and nothing was happening that he already didn't know. This all was why I cried in church today.



Cass was mesmerized by the songs in church, she loved it. During the sermon she sat on our laps for a short while then started to get antsy so I took her out into the lobby. I then decided to check out the nursery and talked to the ladies running it. They showed my around and explained how it all worked, then asked if I wanted to try it out. I said "sure" They let me stay in the room with her for a while because I didn't want to just drop her off in a strange new surroundings and because she has just gotten over her stranger anxiety I didn't know how she would act. She did refuse to let go of my shirt at first but then she loosened up and went to a toy and another little girl her age came over to play so I snuck out. She did GREAT! Not a tear out of her and when we came back the nursery worker was holding her....what?! She let a stranger hold her - I am SO proud of her. The nursery worker told us how she was very impressed by how much Cassie understood and said she loved how I taught her to shake her hips on command :o) I am thrilled she did so great...yipee!! We can go to church every week now and Cass will do great in the nursery!
Showing me how old she is (1!)


Matts parents also came over last night and they were able to hold her...that is the first time they have been able to hold her since I believe she was 6 months old! So proud of my girl!

4 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie! It's hard to remember during the storm that God is in control, but I know that He is. And it's great reading your blog. And seeing your blessing is a great reminder to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great! I have been think alot about when Angela goes to church for the first time. I'm gald it went so well for you and hope for a similar experience with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you got to go to church and that Cassie did so great! That is awesome! Once I realized that Lily needed her blanket in nursery - we were good :). So excited for new milestones for our little ones....

    ReplyDelete