Monday, August 3, 2009

Clap, Clap Clap....

Yep - Cassie decided to start clapping yesterday. We were at Grandma and Grandpa Roseks house and Grandpa clapped - she followed suit. Yea!! She is now on a clapping kick. I walked thru the door yesterday after going grocery shopping and she got a huge smile on her face and started clapping, ahhhh melt my heart. She is also making a bunch of new sounds...I can't describe them...and also blowing bubbles with her spit. hee hee hee. Its amazing how she is doing new things day to day.

My brother is back in CA, he left on Sunday morning. Its always nice to hang out when he is home, I miss not being able to do that.

We were supposed to go to Childrens Hospital today to see the speech department however, we are rescheduling because Matt would like to come as well...but also we think she is doing just fine with speech/hearing. Her hearing is fine, she reacts and does everything a baby should in regards to hearing, Speech- she is saying "Ma Ma" and a bunch of other sounds. If we had concerns we would go but I know we would drive down there and be told everything is fine and I really don't want to make the drive for that. Down the road we may go as children with cleft palates may need speech therapy but right now we don't see a need for it.

She still is not interested in finger food - she will put some stuff to her mouth and lick it but thats about it. The dog knows she will get it all and waits patiently for Cassie to whip it off the highchair. Sigh....



Mmmm...Athena knows she will get this graham cracker


Patiently waiting....at least I don't have to pick up after her -the dog takes care of it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment