Monday, August 17, 2009

New Play Date Friend!!

Today I had a few errands to run after Cassie woke up from her nap. Ummmm...and yes, she is still on a food strike, she did better today than yesterday so maybe that means its coming to an end. I had to return a gallon of milk to the store because it wasn't sealed and get some dog food. I then had to run to the vet for urinary inconitence pills for my dog, I ran out this weekend and we had some leaking issues :o)

I had time to spare so I stopped at my grandparents house, behind them is a couple about our age and they just adopted a baby boy from Russia, they have been home for 3 weeks. I wanted to meet her so my Grandma and I walked over, my goodness is that boy ever cute. He has beautiful brown hair and big brown eyes, he is 17 months old and his name is Maxim. We talked for a short while and it turns out she did IVF and became pregnant but then lost the baby, she didn't want to go thru that again so they adopted. He is the sweetest thing and she was so nice...we have a play date set up for Thursday. I quess they don't want to take him around tons of people because the adoption agency said should spend alot of alone time with them so they become bonded and he knows who Mommy and Daddy are, but from what I saw he is doing great and was already attached to her. I told her that we would like to adopt our next child as well. I can't wait to meet her on Thursday and talk more about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment