Thursday, July 23, 2009

Appointment at Childrens Today

We had an appointment today with our Craniofaical surgeon, growth has greatly narrowed her cleft palate which makes for an easier surgery. He was also all for removing Cassies G-tube...we were very excited about that and made a trip to the Surgery Clinic to see if anyone was available to remove it. They were pretty booked and said a nurse would call us to schedule an appointment. Later in the day Matt talked to the nurse who said the GI doctor wants the tube to remain in till her cleft palate surgery in case she doesn't want to eat. We don't fully agree with this decision and Matt has requested to talk with the GI doctor tomorrow, we'll see how that discussion goes.

I am not looking forward to the cleft surgery, the positive thing about it is it will be the last surgery she has to go thru, however it is not going to be fun. It is going to be SO hard to hand her over to doctors again, especially with how clingy she is to me. I know she is going to be in alot of pain afterwards and she has to wear arm restraints for 3 weeks - that will NOT be fun. I am still trying to get her more receptive to the sippy cup, I am thinking once she is closer to 10 months I may take away a bottle and see is she will drink from her cup then. If she is not totally off her bottle and on sippy cups by the time her surgery rolls around we have to postpone it. She does not seem very interested in her sippy right now and has been getting mad and pushing it away when I try to get her to drink from it. Nothing like a little pressure to get her off the bottle.....and after I worked SO HARD to get her to drink everything from her bottle. It took me 6 months to get her to drink exclusively from that bottle!!! Ok...I have vented :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment