Tuesday, February 25, 2014

38 weeks pregnant



Went to my OB yesterday.  My weight has remained the same as last week, everything else looked good as well.   The one thing we talked about was induction, I was interested in when this was scheduled.   The hospital only allows 2 inductions or C-sections a day so if we wanted to induce its best to "book" the date you want sooner rather than later.    My doctor will only do an induction if the cervix is ready....you have to score a certain number depending on how much you are dilated and effaced.    The earliest she would induce would be 39 weeks.  As much as I want to meet my little guy I do not want to be induced before my due date...that just doesn't feel right.   However...once my due date has come and gone and he is not here than I am all for it.   My due date is March 9th, my induction is scheduled for March 10th.   HOWEVER....... my OB does not think I will make it till then.  When she checked me yesterday she commented that I had huge progress from last week.   I am now 3 cm dilated and 40% effaced.  She thinks I will have our little guy this week!    She also stripped my membranes while she checked me.   I had some contractions after that but nothing consistent.     I have contractions every day, usually pretty mild.  There have been 2 that took my breath away and all I could do was lay there and breath thru them.   So we are in a waiting game, its exciting to wake up and wonder "will this be the day?"  Its also crazy to know if he doesn't come on his own that next week is my last week being pregnant.   Exciting!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Omg. You are a couple weeks ahead of me. I am due the 24th of March however due to prelabor everyone predicts another early delivery. We will see. I cannot wait to see your little guy. Good luck with labor and delivery. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It has been a while since I checked in on your blog. I followed you a lot more when you were pregnant with the twins. You look great! Congrats on the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete