Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Change in Helmet Plans

Thank you SO MUCH to those of you who left me comments about the helmet.    Today I was researching casting and found pictures.  One of them was this:


Yikes.....!!      I called Cranial Tech to confirm that this is how casting works.   Yes indeedy it is.  Well of course babies are going to be ticked off!!!    This looks truly awful and from what I have read from comments a nightmare.   SO....I have canceled the casting and we are instead driving to Skokie for the DSI Scan. Its about a 2 hour drive for us.  This will be next Thursday and it doesn't delay the helmet fitting in any way.   I feel so much better now, I have been stressing out about the casting.   Thank you so much to those of you who left comments and advice to me!!!

We still go to Cranial Tech next Wednesday for pictures, and Thursday the hubby is taking off all day and we are taking Mandy for the scan, grab some lunch, hang out with one child....make the day of it, make it fun.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I don't blame you! Before I opened your post and just saw the pic I feared this was your little girl in it..so glad to hear it wasn't. I don't know much about this particular medical issue but it does sound like you made the right decision - no way I could go through with that scary procedure either. Look forward to hearing about your next steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you posted this!! I had no idea this is how they do it. I only thought they used the scan. We are taking my son in next week to get his casting and now I am going to make other plan. Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete