Sunday, November 25, 2012

5 Months Old

Eating
Mandy is a fantastic eater.  She has loved all the food I have given her....except Green Beans.   Then she made horrible faces, gagged and spit it out.  Understandable...the stuff was gross, I tried it.  I am moving her up to stage 2 foods now since she is doing so well.   Mandy will eat a whole tub of stage 1 and want more.   She eats it twice a day.     Little Emily is still not interested.

Sleep
Both girls go to bed between 6-7.  They both are laid down awake and put themselves to sleep.  Mandy gets up once at 4am for a bottle and then goes right back down.  Emily still gets up twice.   I figure this is because she is still so small.   She is a bit over 11lbs with clothes on.  They both nap 3 times a day.

Milestones
Both are putting weight on their legs.  Mandy has rolled from back to tummy twice but nothing recently.   I'm thinking by Christmas Mandy will be sitting on her own without support....she is a strong girl.    Emily has stranger anxiety.   She just wants me to hold her.   She will cry even if Nana or Grandma hold her, just wants her Mom.  Mandy....Pfft, that girl is happy with anyone but she does keep an eagle eye on me if someone is holding her. 

Weight 
Mandy is 16 lbs
Emily is 11 lbs.  A tiny peanut but she has more than tripled her birthweight!!

They are the total definition of Franternal Twins.   So different. 

They are so much fun.  Things seem to be getting busier with them because they want to be entertained more, thats great with me I just try to fit some one on one time with Cassie in there but sometimes its hard.  The days fly by.

  I often think how EASY one baby would be.   One healthy baby....piece of cake.    Two is hard.  When you are by yourself and there are only arms for one baby, and if they are both crying and need comfort ...ugh.  One gets my arms the other a swing, bouncer or a cartoon!!   Bath nights can poop me out.   More time to wash 2 babies than 1.  Going anywhere with 2 car seats is work.  I just can't pick up the car seat and take Cassie to story time at the library, I HAVE to bring the huge double stroller.   At storytime if 1 baby were to cry I could pick her up and sooth her but 2?    SO....we don't do storytime with the twins.  BUT, I am used to it now.  Its still busy, it still can be crazy and insane but now I often think if I were to only have 1 baby I would be bored!!   I can't imagine not having either one of these girls.  They keep me busier than I ever thought but they are a blessing I am forever thankful for.  

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I have 10 month old b/g twins and a 2.5 year old, and I have to stop myself from the "one baby would be so much easier" talk, too! Twins halted our outings to story time and Mommy and Me classes, too, and I hated that, but the stress was just too much, and my 2.5 year old is fine without them. I remind myself it won't always be so hard, right? :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're all doing well! I can only imagine the hard work involved with two babies..but I love your refreshing perspective - your girls are absolutely blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts because my twins are a month younger so I get a sneak peek of the next month! The most common phrase my husband repeat at our house is "Twins are hard!" and we talk about how easy one baby was the first time around.

    ReplyDelete