Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Twin update

 
 Matt's 10 year old cousin is here today and spending the night so she is playing with Cassie which allows me to quickly update my blog!!
Today - Sarah and Cassie painting while Mandy watches
Mandy
Both my Mom and Dad think Mandy has Matt's Dads shape face.   I love hearing that.  I love that both girls have a characteristic of Monkey Papa.  Mandy his face and Emily his smile.  He would really have loved this girls.

The girls are doing great.   The last week or so Mandy has been a pill to put down to sleep.  She used to be so easy and then bam!!!    Thankfully this week she is back to being an easy baby to put down.  I can lay her down awake and off she drifts to sleep.  Emily is the same way.   Its really nice!!
Trying on their headbands

 
Mandy has started on solid foods.  This morning she did really well with it, we may try bananas this afternoon.  Emily is in no way ready right now.   I show her the spoon and she gifts me her goofy grin.

Next I tried hats, that's when Mandy raised her fist at me and pretty much said "That's enough Mama!!"



Mandy also rolled from her stomach to her back on Sunday....twice!!   It is fun to see the girls do these milestones.  Cassie never did any of them.   She never rolled, hated tummy time, never crawled.   I was pretty worried about her for awhile.   It looks like Mandy and Emily are going to make up for Cassie being a very stationary baby. 

Mandy - this girl is in size 3 diapers!

 
Emily - this peanut is still size 1 diapers!
They are fraternal twins!!    So different!

Diaper Change!

 
Every day I let them hang out in just their diapers.  They love it, get really active and kick those little legs.  Its crazy to look at them and think they were both inside me.  What an awesome responsibility to carry and raise 2 babies.  I love the challenge.   Its double the work but double the joy. 

I will hold the girls up to each other and they reach for each others face, smile and "talk".  Brings a smile to my face, its so amazing to watch.  Mandy laughed out loud at Cassie the other day, I stopped in my tracks and just watched.  



"num, num num"


 
Everything is in the mouth these days....including clothes.  Mandy is constantly pulling up her shirt and chewing it.   Yesterday I had to change her twice because of her shirt being soaked with spit!

Talking

Little

Emily
Taken today, Emily in toy and Mandy on my lap

Cassie is an amazing helper.  This morning she took off the girls PJ's and their diapers all by herself.   I put the new diaper under their butt and she tapes them up.  She is a great big sister.   I'm really looking forward for when all 3 girls really start interacting with each other.

Can't believe the girls are going to be 5 months soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about the twin bonding - that is precious. And I bet Cassie's loving having her big cousin around! So neat to have her there. Hopefully she's been a big help w/you too;)

    ReplyDelete