Wednesday, December 12, 2012

We are ready for Christmas!   I am so excited for our Christmas celebrations to begin next weekend!   We are going to Matts side of the family twice.    I NEVER take the twins out anymore.   Its just getting to cold and they are really on a nice schedule so it makes it hard, especially if they are not in sync.   Plus I don't care to take them out in flu and cold season so we are really stuck inside the house.  Last week I didn't go anywhere....I was looking foward to going grocery shopping on Saturday!!

Next week  I have told everyone that we need to leave their house by 6pm because that is when the girls bedtime is.   I was asked if we could just bring pjs and have the girls sleep in their car seats, this will not work.  They are not newborns anymore and won't sleep anywhere I place them.  They want to be laid in their crib to sleep.  This is a good thing and I refuse to mess with a good thing.  I don't care if its 1 or 2 nights of messing with it.....I am the one getting up with 2 babies at night not anyone else, plus I want them to be happy, they will not be happy forced to stay up past their bedtime.   So leaving at 6:00 it is.  

The girls schedule is strict BUT it keeps everyone happy and makes things run very smoothly.   Their awake time is at the most 2 hours and they are then ready for a nap.  They are in bed between 6-6:30.  Mandy sleeps straight thru while Emily is up twice a night to eat.   Em is still a peanut....maybe 12 pounds so I know she needs to eat.   However, the past few days she has not been eating alot but at night taking 6 ounce bottles.   I feel like she is distracted during the day so she isn't taking the time to finnish her bottle.  If I could just get her to do this I think she would sleep thru the night or maybe just wake up once.  Other than that she is a good sleeper just like Mandy.  She finnishes her bottle and goes right back to bed.  Today she slept till 7:30 and Mandy 8:00.

Cassie may be the death of me on some days.   I am working hard to have patience and tell her how I expect her to act.  When she is naughty she is sent to her room and her favorite stuffed animal "puppy" is taken away.   She is a really great helper, she undresses the babies, helps change their diaper, she will take off their old one and wipe their butts and have clean diapers ready for me...she is a pro at this!

We have decided to go the helmet route for Mandy.   I still am not 100% on board but this is the plan. We are trying to get insurance to cover it first and then make our appointment. 


Cassie holding Emily
Adelyn, Mandy and Cassie holding hands

Mandy - see her ankles?

Band-Aids on both cankles.....I mean ankels

Being checked out by both girls - such a good sport!

Adleyn and Emily

The 4 girls

4 comments:

  1. The girls are so cute! I have been reading your blog for well over a year..possibly 2 now, and this is my first comment. I have a 3 year old (Aug 09) and 1 year old (sept 11) boy/girl twins. I couldn't agree more about the schedule. With one it is a tad bit easier to stretch the bed time, bring pj's, etc...but with 2 forget it. My 3 year old was so easy for sleeping wherever, but the twins, man they require their own bed, blanket, house, sheets..everything. My husband and I agree that we are not going to spend the night anywhere until all 3 children will sleep somewhere without requiring anything special. Who knows, that may take years, but sleep is such an inmortant part of development, and lets face it if we don't get sleep we get cranky.
    Only you and your husband know excatally when/where/how your babies will sleep, and if people don't understand that..don't try just do it. :) Best of luck..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I know this comment does not pertain to this post but I wanted to write you. I saw that you commented on a post to Erin at Hoping for our own peanut. I have a similar story to yours. I have twins b/g from and IVF cycle and they were born at 34 weeks. My son was 5 lbs and my daughter was 2 lbs. They are now 10 1/2 months old and my son weighs 25 lbs and my daughter is 14 lbs. When I have the kids together in the stroller, I hear how much older is he? Are they twins? He is so much bigger.
    My husband and I decided one IVF cycle was enough for us even though we would love to have one more baby. We had a rough time with the first IVF cycle and we was lucky enough to concieve both babies on the first try.
    I will be following your blog, feel free to follow mine.

    Thanks,

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also like to chat with you about the Pierre Robin diagnosis you are talking about. My daughter also had a problem with her jaw when she was born and it slowly went away as she grew but we was never diagnosed with anything. They just said it was protrude and that she may have to have surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are such cuties! Totally understand about the need to stay on a schedule - with only the one kiddo I was strict about that too when he was little, but I can imagine it's that much more important with two babies! So excited for Christmas also - Merry Christmas to you and your precious family!!

    ReplyDelete