Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Surgery today

I am anxious!! I have barely been able to eat anything today because my stomach is in knots. You would think it would get easier being this is the 4th surgery but it does not! It is SO hard to hand over your child who is screaming and holding out her arms to you to the doctors to bring her back into surgery. I know I will break down in tears just like last time. This surgery is tough on me and I am sure her because its not until 3 this afternoon. She can't eat any solids or milk after midnight, she can only have clear liquids. This morning I tried feeding her some jello, which I don't think she cares for. She took 6 bites of it. She also took some chicken broth. It wasn't alot but at least something. She is actually napping now. I am hoping she has a decent nap and when she wakes up we will head to the hospital, we have to be there at 1:30. This surgery will not be nearly as horrible as the cleft plate surgery, its nice because it really is the end of a chapter. The g-tube site will be stiched up and we no longer have to wait for it to heal while she is in pain, changing gauze, applying ointment - it will be closed. We have also been spoiling little Cass, anything she has wanted we have gave her to just stop her from crying so she wouldn't cause the hole to leak...once its stitched up she is going to realize she doesn't get everything she wants. :)

We should be home early tomorow. This is not a 24 hour stay, just overnight so if all is well we will be discharged in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! You guys are in my prayers! She will hoepfuly be a lot happier once it's closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes!!! I'm thinking of you and your little girl today and praying for a successful surgery and smooth recovery. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying and thinking of precious Cassie..

    ReplyDelete