Wednesday, December 16, 2009

New ways to get around

All of a sudden Cassie has decided she is actually going to try and find different ways to get from here to there...she must be sick and tired of waiting for me to help her out. I have been making her spend more time alone playing and giving her more time to figure things out on her own. She never spent much time on her belly because of the g-tube so now that its out we are making up for lost time. Today she was sitting in her bedroom and I was doing some chores, she ended up on her belly and instead of crying for me to help her stand she decided to try some new things. First she was in a pike position and then she would get up on her hands and push backwards...she scooted herself out of her bedroom into ours. It was so cute because you could hear her huff and puff with the effort and she was mighty proud.

Then in the kitchen she figured out she can push with her hands and this will slide her tush along the floor if she is wearying slippery pants....that was fun! She pushed her little booty all around the kitchen. She was quite entertaining today!!!

On the walking front she is doing awsome. She walks unassisted between Daddy and Mommy every day and has even walked to different rooms by herself.

We went on a playdate this afternoon, it was so nice to get out. The girls babbled and played while we had snacks and coffee. My friend had to run an errand and asked if I could stay to watch her daughter, which of course is no problem. Her daughter is 7 months old, I told both girls there couldn't be any crying for 20 min because I was outnumbered....they both did awsome, just played while I drank my coffee. Honestly if one would have started to cry it would set the other one off and I only have so many hands. Thank goodness they cooperated!

2 comments: