Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Word Today


Daddy and Cassie

My brother flew in from San Diego yesterday so we got together with my parents and had pizza at our house. Cassie was a bit unsure of Lee at first but then warmed up and was playing with him on the couch. Today Lee and my Dad headed up North for deer hunting and will come back next week for Thanksgiving.


Daddy hanging Cassie upside down


Cassie is SO SO close to walking on her own. She now just holds on to one of our fingers and walks AND runs around the house. She runs when she thinks Athena is chasing her (Athena is just walking behind her)which she things is great fun. It has become a favorite game of hers to run from Athena and hide. Today she was running from me, Matt was walking her and I came up behind her and roared like a monster and she freaked out, she screamed at the top of her lungs...jumped and took off. It was the cutest thing ever. We played that game for a long time and she had a blast. Her throat had to be sore after screaming and laughing so much. I can't wait for her to walk on her own because all I do all day is walk her...she rarly sits and plays - just wants to explore.




She also started saying "Da-Da" for the first time today. She has said "Ma-Ma" for awhile. I think she couldn't say Da-Da until her palate was repaired. Today she just babbled, pointed at Matt and said "Da-Da". Its amazing how all of a sudden one day they just start doing something new like they have always done it.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, Da-da! That is SO cute!! I bet her Daddy is thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that she said Da-da! Yay Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Cassie! I can't wait for Lily to do the same thing...

    ReplyDelete