Thursday, October 31, 2013

First Stomach Flu

I have always wondered when we would get hit with it and it finally happened.  Cassie dodged it for 5 years!   Last Thursday morning I opened Mandys door of her room and was hit with the smell of puke.  She was sitting in her crib pointing at it.  Puke all in her crib and she slept in it all night.  Never cried...nothing.  She acted fine, no fever and played normally.  She was eating less and developed diarrhea but still acted normal.  I was thinking it was just a fluke. 

Fast Forward to Saturday night.   We had Matt's Mom and my Mom over for Tacos.   Once all the kids were in bed Matt and his Mom left for a movie and I sat on the couch to read and ate a big bowl of ice cream.   9:30 rolled around and I started to get ready for bed when I thought I heard something upstairs in Cassie's room.   I went up there and she was still sleeping but had thrown up all over her bed, stuffed animals and herself.   I got her on the floor, changed her out of her clothes, got her a puke bin and changed her bedding.   10 min into it she puked again.   I texted Matt what was happening and he came right home.   Poor Cassie threw up every 10 min for 3 hours.   It was mostly dry heaves as well which is just plain horrible.   At one point she collapsed on me and said "Help".   At 12:30 she started to heave less and by 3:00 she was done.    I sat in her bed with the puke bucket all that night helping her when she threw up, wiping her face, and putting cold washcloths on her forehead.    I slept for 1 hour that night.  

On Sunday Matt and I started to not feel good.  We both came down with it.   I threw up twice.   At one point I was making lunch for Mandy and Emily, threw up in the kitchen sink and then went right back to making lunches.  Even though I was sick I still had to take care of the kiddos.   We were going to have Matt's Mom come over to help (she had offered the night before) so we could rest but she came down with it that night as well.    I survived.  I survived  Stomach flu with 16 month old twins and 21 weeks pregnant.  Thankfully it wasn't worse that it was!!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh the flu is horrible while pregnant!! I ended up with it at 19 weeks!! Hope everyone is on the mend and feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete