Sunday, October 6, 2013

18 weeks pregnant

18 weeks pregnant today!    Its flying by!   Our big ultrasound is on Tuesday and I am so ready for it to be here.  I just want to know that this little baby is healthy and growing well.   I think I am so anxious because my last pregnancy with the twins I had ultrasounds at every visit, I saw my babies a lot!     This pregnancy I have not seen my baby since 9 weeks.   I am just not used to that!    Because I don't think I have felt any kicks yet and haven't had an ultrasound in forever my mind is having a hard time knowing there is a baby in there.   Even though my belly is obviously pregnant and I have heard the heart beat 3 times.   SOO....I am so excited for this ultrasound.  To see my baby....instead of a blob on a screen...and know that he/she is healthy.  AND of course to find out the gender!!!!!  


Its funny, when I first found out I was pregnant I was a bit scared....ok, a LOT scared.   I cried.  Even though it was a total miracle. I had survived twins and was thankful to be done with the baby stage after them!!!   They put me thru the wringer!!!  I was doubting how I could handle a newborn and my twins who at the time were clingy and whiny. NOW....I am so ready for another baby.   The twins have improved a lot in 1 month.   They are fun, more independent and make me realize I can totally handle another baby now.  I'm no longer scared and am ready for this miracle!!


Last week we went to a friends for a play date.  It is so nice to be back in my normal routine of going out and doing things with the kids.    When Cassie was a baby every week we went to our friends house to play, so its so nice to start that up again.  


We are moving Mandy on up to a booster chair.    I made the mistake of sitting her in the kitchen chair for a snack and now she doesn't want anything to do with her highchair.   I mean come on.....she is 15 months old...she is a big girl now!!  Emily however is staying put in her highchair.


See how happy she is?    Big Girl.

1 comment: