Sunday, July 17, 2011

New friend born!!

Our friends Adelyn and Eugene had their new baby girl on Friday.  Adelyn is now a big sister.   When I told Cassie that the baby was coming out of Stacey's belly and Adelyn was going to have a baby sister she said "Where is my baby sister?"   Ouch.   Break my heart.  It brought tears to my eyes. I told her Mommy and Daddy were working on it and if it didn't work out would she like a cat?   She flipped her lid.  Said she wanted a baby cat and went on and on with how she will hug it, kiss it, sleep with it...... That made me smile.  It was like forget the sibling just give me a cat.   

We stopped at the hospital on Saturday to visit them.  It was funny because Stacy's nurse is one of our play date friends and the anesthesiologist is the Dad of one of the little guys we have play dates with.  So the one Mom helped deliver Stacey's baby...how cool is that.
 This little girls hair is getting so long!   There are days it is out of control and will not behave and there are others where it has just the perfect wave to it.  Yesterday was one of those good hair days.  I try so many products on her hair to figure out how to keep it in control.  Since it has wave I can NOT comb it.  That will just frizz it out.  I always have to finger comb.  I also only wash her hair once a week.  The rest of the days I just condition it.  Mommy has straight hair and so does Daddy.....where are the wave/curls from?  



1 comment:

  1. She is such a cutie! I know how heart breaking it is when you think your little girl is ready to be a big sister and she wants to be and you can't give it to her right now. I'm sorry. I hope things get worked out for you so you can try again!

    ReplyDelete