Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July weekend.   Everything that I remember as a kid.  Warm sunny days, grill outs with friends and family, the beach and catching fireflys at night.
I love seeing everything thru Cassie's eyes.  It brings me back to being a child and enjoying the simple things in life.   Such a blessing.

Today we went to the pool with our friends Stacey and Adelyn.  We stayed for 3 1/2 hours.  Cassie had such a good time but she did start to melt down when it was time to go.  The girl is now out like a light after a long fun day in the sun and sand.
While at the pool I saw an old friend whos sister is going thru IVF.   We  talked about the emotional and costly side of it and how her sister was doing.   My friend Stacey (who was with us at the pool) is pregnant and the new little baby could come any day.  My old friend asked me if it bothered me to see her pregnant and I said "no".  I told her when she first told me I felt those old sad feelings creep up but they didn't stick around and it doesn't bother me at all.  I told her its WAY harder to be childless and have empty arms....I at least have my one blessing.
Yesterday I made an appointment for a consult with a different IVF clinic.  Its scheduled for next month.   I feel kinda torn.  I SO want another baby and want Cassie to have a sibling but on the other hand I don't look forward to doing IVF again, the cost and the emotional toll it all takes.   I am so happy right now with the life God has given me.   To start this emotional journey again doesn't exactly trip my trigger.  If only it were easy to do it the old fashioned way we would have 5 kids by now....
A few more pics of my drama queen....the drama has been in high gear the past few weeks.  Every day this princess is pretty much sent to the corner.  

Me...a drama queen?? 

Ready for the 4th

Adelyn, Cassie and their Dads


Mmmmm...ice-cream sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment