Thursday, August 6, 2015

Stomach Flu in July

My worst fear....stomach flu.   I was curious what the first time would be like.  I did better than expected handling it.  Emily woke up at 1:00 in the morning crying.   She felt hot but I didn't think much of it.  She went back to sleep and all was well.   Morning rolls around.   I carry her downstairs and she is still hot.   I went to change her and put my hand to her chest, I could feel her heart racing.   At the point she retched, I picked her up and raced to the bathroom where she vomited.   After that she seemed better but an hour later vomited again.   Vomit down my shirt, my neck...I think some got in my ear.   (Cringe!!!!!)   The rest of the day she layed on the couch and the next day all was well.   She had a fever so I though she got sick because of that.

First Victim
The next day rolls around.   Emily is bright eyed and bushy tailed.  Mandy is whiny and fussy....nothing new with her.   I was loosing my patience with how whiny she was.  She then told me she wanted to go to bed.  As I picked her up she vomited all over the table and carpet.  I cleaned her up and layed her on the couch.  Not 10 min later she got sick again.  It was violent.  I held the bucket but she was in a panic and was trying to "get away"   She nearly knocked the bucket from my hands.  The poor girl.   She was then on the couch the rest of the day.   The day went on, Alex took a nap, woke and all was ok.   Suddenly he wanted to be held.  No crying.  Just laid his head on my shoulder and proceeded to projectile vomit in the kitchen.   I just stood there like a deer in headlights.   He ended up throwing up again after that as did Mandy.   I may have been close to tears at one point.  Thankfully Matt, Cassie and I did not get sick!!!  That is an amazing thing for having been soaked in puke.  


No comments:

Post a Comment