Monday, March 10, 2014

Alexander Paul Rosek

Introducing Alexander Paul Rosek!



We were supposed to be induced on Friday, however Alex decided he just could not wait.    7:00 Thursday we were all up in the girls room reading books for bedtime.   Matt said he was going to leave to pick up our pizza he had just ordered when all of a sudden I felt a "pop", trickle and gush!    My water broke.   I was soaked, the floor was soaked, I had to grab a baby blanket and stuff it between my legs.   I told Matt "Oh my God, my water just broke".  We called the hospital, my parents and his Mom,   Finnished packing our bags and got to the hospital at 7:30.  I had changed my clothes but was totally soaked again by the time we reached the hospital.  I had to walk in with a towel around my waist.   They admitted me and did their check.  I was 4 cm and my contractions were coming fast and painful....every 3 min and quickly it changed to every 2 min.   They administered my IV, drew blood and quickly called the athestiologist on call to get to the hospital for my epidural.   I was shaking so bad from labor, I could not control it and the pain was starting to become very intense.   There were a few contractions that were so bad they were hard to breath thru.  I dealt with those contractions for 1 hour before my epidural was given.   Thank God for Epidurals, I didn't feel the contractions anymore, just had the uncontrollable shakes.   Hour after my epidural I was at a 10 and ready to push.   I invited my Mom to watch the delivery as well so she was in the room helping hold my leg when it came time to push.   Matt helped the doctor deliver the baby. Pushing took 5 min and he was out.  When it comes time to push with all my babies I give it everything I've got.  Pushing has always been very quick for me, I can't imagine having to push for hours....its a lot of work!  After only 3 hours of labor baby Alex entered the world weighing in at 6lbs 14 ounces.    He never cried once!!!  In fact all day he never cried.

We came home yesterday and are settling in.  Mandy and Emily love "the baby".  Cassie is an awesome helper and is so great with him.  Mandy and Emily have had a few hard times where they want me but I am trying to breastfeed.   Breastfeeding has been going ok, its going to be very difficult when Matt goes back to work and I am by myself because it takes a lot of time and Mandy and Emily need me as well.   I already had tears today about it because bottles would be a lot easier for us but I don't want to give up breastfeeding.     I am playing it by ear and may try to do both breast and bottle.   Mommy guilt.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Love his name!! He is adorable!!! Hope all is going well at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What a little sweetie! You have a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete