Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dropped the morning nap

A few days before the girls turned 1 year old I decided to drop their morning nap.   Emily had been taking great morning naps but fighting...aka screaming...for the afternoon nap so I figured why not try it.

Its been about a week and they have been doing very well.   I can tell around the 11:00 hour (which is lunch time) they are getting sleepy.  Twice Emily has layed on the ground and fell asleep.   Mandy will start to rub her eyes.   Sometimes I have to work to keep them awake but after they eat they seem to get a second wind and from 11-12 they play and are happy.   At noon I put them down and hardly hear a peep from them.  They nap 1 1/2 - 2 hours and then go to bed at 7:00

Its been nice because it really frees up our morning and every day this week we have gone to the park around 8:30.   Today I met a really nice women who started talking to me about the girls.  She asked if we were trying for twins.   First time I have ever gotten that question!     No, we weren't trying for twins but we are blessed to have them!!  I overheard some other Moms talking about us.   I heard her tell someone that she has a friend who has twin girls and they are a lot of work.    Yes mam....they are!!

Since the girls have turned 1 year old we have turned their car seats forward facing.   Its making for a much happier Emily and a much saner Mommy while I'm driving

No comments:

Post a Comment