Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Super Duper Amazing Miracle!!!




I am PREGNANT!  It just happened naturally.  This is truly a miracle of God.   We were only given a 1% chance of ever being able to conceive without IVF...and it happened.   I am still in shock.

My cycle usually is 32-36 days.  When I reached day 40 I told Matt we should test.   We still didn't think it was possible.   I did wake up in the middle of the night hungry, it was then I kinda felt like I may be pregnant.    Matt picked me up a pregnancy test on his way home from work.  I went to test before we went for a walk.   Laid it on the sink and waited while the hourglass flashed.    Next thing I know I walk over and it says Pregnant.    I was in disbelief.   I picked it up, walked out to Matt and put it in his face without saying a word.   His first words are "Your kidding".   We did 3 tests and all came out positive. 

I did want to cry.   I am slightly overwhelmed thinking about another baby, but then again the twins will be close to 2 when baby #4 comes so there is a lot that will change with them.  Right now they are totally attached to me.  I can not even go to the bathroom without them both crawling after me, in tears, screaming like I am never coming back.   When that happens, that's when I freak out thinking about another baby. BUT then I look back in my blog to when Cassie was 18 months and things really got easier at that point. Things got fun.   So even though the girls are at a needy stage now I have to remember when this miracle baby comes things should be a lot different with the twins.

I still walk around saying "I can't believe I'm pregnant".   It is unreal.   I had it in my head that I was done having children, that I would never be pregnant again.   I had packed all the baby stuff up and had it ready for a rummage sale next year.    With our other children we TRIED for them.   We took shots, underwent procedures to have them.   It was not a big shock to find out we were pregnant because we were despertly trying.   With this pregnancy we were not trying, my husband has been traveling a lot, I am tired at the end of the night so that this happened is crazy.  To wake up one day and find out I'm pregnant is crazy.   Can not believe it and it will take a while to wrap my mind around the whole thing.   I don't know when the shock will wear off.  But it definitely is a miracle!

We went to the doctor yesterday, I am 8 weeks along.  Baby is measuring right on track and his/her heart was beating away.  Due date of March 9th!

12 comments:

  1. Omg I dont even know you and I have tears in my eyes! So happy for your family! Congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what amazing news! We do not know each other either, but I am so very happy for you. Take good care of yourself; and lock the door when you have to go to the bathroom! The girls will survive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Similar story. We tried for five years...NOTHING. Multiple IUI's, one canceled IVF cycle...still NOTHING. Finally a successful IVF cycle miracled us boy girl twins. When they were five months old and we thought we were done, the Lord blessed us with another little miracle due at the end of the year! Some things are just truly miraculous! Praise be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa - That is SO amazing! What a blessing for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! That's such fun news! Just think how easy ONE baby will feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! As soon as I saw the title of this, I knew what the post would say. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That baby will be so loved by his/her big sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! We're expecting our 3rd baby, the third in 3 years. Life is busy with a 2yr. old and a 1 yr. old and knowing we have another one coming, but we love our babies and don't mind when or how they come. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete