Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rockin the Doc Band


Mandy got fitted for her doc band on Monday.   She acted like it wasn't even on when it was slipped on her head.  She only wore it for 4 hours Monday and did not sleep in it.

Tuesday I put it on at 6 in the morning and every 4 hours took it off of her head to check for red spots.   There is one spot that I am keeping an eye on but so far it fades to pink within the hour so I put the helmet back on.   Yesterday she napped with it and went to bed with it.  She napped for 2 hours in the morning and 30 min in the afternoon.   Good!!    I put her down for the night and she screamed....SCREAMED!!  I thought "oh no, this is not good" .   I thought our night would be terrible....BUT once she found a comfy spot she slept all night long without waking up.  (7 -6)


And as I write this she is going on an hour nap.  


What a relief.   She has been sleeping thru the night for a week now and I was really worried wearing the helmet was going to change that, but it appears everything will be ok!!!  

But of course!!!
On Monday night I decorated her band with decals from "Bling your Band".   Now it looks cute. We go every other week (an hour drive) to have the helmet adjusted, our last appointment is scheduled for the first week of June.  Here is to 12 weeks in the helmet and a rounder head!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, she is SO cute. I love her 'bling'! Glad to hear everything's going well and that she's grown comfortable with her band:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome "bling!" So stinking cute! I'm glad she adjusted well to it. You will be really excited in a couple weeks when you see the changes already happening. It happens so fast! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.redotech.com

    INDIA'S No.1 software development,mobile recharge software,portal development

    Redo Tech Pvt Ltd is a Best service professional Custom India based MLM

    ReplyDelete