Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Twins are 6 months old



 The girls turned 6 months old on Christmas Day.   It is easier than when they were newborns, but I also feel its a bit harder.  Harder in the aspect because they want to be entertained, they are trying to sit, they are just developing and need help in getting toys they want and doing things.   It is more exhausting....at least to me.


Mandy

There is one word I have to describe this girl.  JOYFUL.   She is just happy 99.9% of the time.   She always has a big wide open grin on her face....no matter what.  I carry her down the stairs after a nap and she has that goofy grin.   She sees the back of Daddies head and she has that grin.   I have told her "Mandy, you are such a dork".   Dork is used very lovingly and I use it because she just always has this grin.  I love it. 

She is still between 16-17 pounds...since I weighed her a week ago.  She is our awesome eater and awesome sleeper.   She sucks down a 6 ounce bottle in min.   She eats her whole tub of food.  She sleeps all night....from 6-6.  Once in a great while she gets up in the middle of the night to eat but more often than not she sleeps all night.

She is sitting, still needs some support but is doing well.  She is also starting to really babble. We hear Da-Da among other things.

Emily

Emily.....Not even 12 lbs yet at 6 months old.   At least since I weighed her a week ago.   Still gets up twice a night to eat.   She has definitely gotten better at stretching her sleep, the other night she did a 6 hour stretch but last night,  Sigh...She went to bed at 6:00, was up at 9:00, 11:30 and 4:00.   This is NOT normal.   She drank her whole bottle each time so I'm thinking 6 month growth spurt?     It darn well better be!!

She takes her time drinking her bottle....lah-de-da is her attitude towards drinking a bottle.   She eats some solid food but does not have the enthusiasm as her sister.  

She is a smiley thing.   Not the wide open grin her sister does but an ear to ear grin.

When she cries we have heard her say "ma-ma".  Now, I am sure she is not knowingly calling me, but we have heard it. 

This week are the girls 6 month check up and all 3 girls are getting shots.  This time I am bringing my Mom to help me.   All others times I have gone by myself but now that they are older I just feel like I need someone there to hold one....especially after shots.  


3 comments:

  1. Happy 6 months to your sweet girls!!! So fun to hear how they're doing. Hope all three are sleeping for you very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Many thanks, However I am
    going through issues with your RSS. I don’t know the reason why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anybody else having the same RSS problems? Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!"

    ----------------------------------------------
    iPad app development India

    ReplyDelete