Thursday, January 10, 2013

6 Month Check Up

This morning all 3 girls had an appointment at the pediatrician.   I have always gone by my self....to prove that I can do it but this time I brought back up, my Mom.  Because the twins are older it is harder.  They  need alot more comfort after shots and I need an extra set of hands.

Emily and Mandy were very good babies.  They let the doctor do his exams and thru it all smiled and jibber jabbered.   The crying came when they were given 3 shots....poor girls.  Breaks my hear to see those big fat tears and they screams.   Cassie also got 3 shots and that big girl didn't shed a tear.

All three also got the flu shot.  

Now the stats:

Mandy
Weighs  17 lbs 7 oz   64%
Length   27 Inches     80%
Head      43.5 cm        75 %


Emily
Weighs   12 lbs 9 oz    Not even on the charts yet (below 3%)
Length    26 inches     42%
Head        41 cm          13 %


We have started to add 3 tsps of cereal to Emily's 6 ounce bottle at night and she is sleeping SO MUCH BETTER.  The past 4 days she has only gotten up once at night instead of 2 times.   Last night she slept 8 hours straight before waking for a feeding. (She used to wake every 3-4 hours before cereal)   I am just thrilled we have her down to 1 feeding a night.   That is progress.   I told the pedi that they were both waking up once at night to eat and if that was OK.  He said that is great and normal and that I am lucky I have 2 very good sleepers.  He said "God doesn't give you more that you can handle, he gave you two babies but made them good sleepers."   So true!  

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very helpful info particularly the last part I care for such info much. I was looking for this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

    -----------------------------------------
    iPad Application Development India

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me...I always go by myself with all three kids just to prove I can do it. My twins are 2 now (older girl is 4&1/2) and it is chaos at the Pediatricians office when we go now. My issue now is that they know what a shot is...so if one gets theirs, the other starts freaking out. I usually grab them two lollipops each just to help with some of the tears!

    ReplyDelete