Friday, October 26, 2012

Twins are yet another month older!

Checking out her sister

4 months old!!!
4 months!    They are not newborns anymore!   Things are pretty smooth if they are in synce and on the same schedule.   Yesterday they were NOT in sync.   They didn't eat at the same time or nap at the same time.   It was one down for a nap and the other one up from her nap.  I got NO break, had a cold and was exhausted at the end of the day.   Today I got them back on the same schedule and what a world of difference that makes.   It leaves me time to do housework and of course spend one on one time with Cassie.

Mandy
Sleeps pretty much thru the night.   She is an awsome sleeper.  Weighs 13 lbs




Emily
Sleep - she needs to take some pointers from Mandy.   Em still gets up every 3-4 hours to eat.   She is tiny and doesn't take as big of bottles as her sister so I am figuring this is the reason.  Weighs 9 lbs 12 ounces

Both girls have laughed out loud.  Mandy I have only heard once but Emily is giving them out more and more....the key is to tickle her armpits.  They gave their first laughs on the same day at 15 weeks old.

Both girls have gotten very strong on tummy time and they have both rolled from tummy to back.   Emily did it first at 16 weeks and Mandy a day after.   Rolling from back to tummy is next...I can tell they are close to doing it.  My bet is on Mandy doing it first.  That girl is a contorstionist!!   The way she bends her body to look at stuff behind her....yikes.
Tummy time together

Both girls are grabbing things and trying to put them in their mouth, especially Mandy.   And boy, does that girl get frustrated when she can't do what she is attempting.   She has a favorite ball that she can easily hold and if that ball rolls away from her she lets me know it!
Tuckered out
Both girls do great putting themselves to sleep.   They are up for about 1 1/2  - 2 hours at a time and then its nap time.   After that time I put them in the cribs wide awake and they will put them selves to sleep.  Maybe I hear a few cries of protest but it never lasts long.  
Getting super strong!!

We have thier 4 month checkup yesterday.  I took the girls and Cassie by myself.  They were both up crying so I had to keep them moving.   The nurse told me I was a brave soul to be by myself.    The girls did really well.  They do both have flat heads from favoring a spot so we have to have them evaluated to see if they need helmets.  They have to do everything together which includes flattening their heads!!  The shots were of course were the hardest part.   Mandy went first, turned beat red and screamed her lungs out.   I held her for a few min but then had to put her in the car seat to get Emily ready for her turn.   The nurse stopped and looked at me and told me I was a great Mom.  She said I was meant to be a Mom....that I have an air about me.  That was so sweet to hear.   My Pedi told me the exact same thing.   As he was leaving the room I had Emily in one arm bouncing her to calm her crying and in the other arm a bottle feeding Mandy in her stroller.  He said I was doing a great job and that I really had my hands full.   Its just always nice to hear others say you are doing a great job.....especially when you are trying to calm 2 naked babies after shots and are sweating bullets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment