Tuesday, August 21, 2012

8 weeks Old

On Saturday the twins will be 2 months old.   I have noticed a change in them from 7 to 8 weeks.   I see more personality emerging.   At 6 weeks they started smiling.  Mandy gives tons of smiles while Emily you have to work a little harder to get them. 
Bed Time

Both girls are doing great.   They are pretty even tempered, not to fussy but they do have their days.   They love to sleep and go down to bed and naps no problem.  I lay them down awake and usually they will make a few protests but within min have put themselves to sleep.   
Emily sick and tired of pictures

Mandy
Eats between 3-4 ounces every 2-3 hours
At night sleeps 6 straight hours before getting up to eat
Starting to make other sounds besides crying...yay!
Weighs 10 lbs, 12 ounces. She is about the 50th percentile for weight.


Emily
Eats between 2-3 ounces every 2-3 hours
At night the longest she is slept is 4 1/2 hours straight.
Has started to blow rasberries with her spit
Weighs 7 lbs, 4 ounces.  She is not even on the chart yet but is shooting up there.
Emily

Mandy

Today was their 2 month checkup and they did great.   They also got 2 shots which was heartbreaking with all their tears.    It was hard because Emily was screaming bloody murder after her shot but I couldn't comfort her for long as I had to put her down in her car seat to pick up Mandy for her shot.   I hate seeing the look of shock in their eyes when they are poked.   Poor sweet girls.
Mandy and Emily watching cartoons

Both Emily and Mandy are getting flat spots on their heads from laying on their back and favoring one position with their head.  The doctor was not concerned with it, he told me to try to make them change position and showed me some therapy to do with them.  He said the majority of kids heads fix on their own...rarley they need a helmet.
Our mornings

8 weeks old!

They came home with 2 stickers saying they were brave patients which Cassie is now wearing on her dress.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I never comment, but I've been a lurker for awhile! I have twin 8 month old boys (plus three others as well!). I read your post and saw that you mentioned flat spots on the girls' heads. My oldest had a flat spot and needed a helmet, so after him I've been crazy about making sure the others don't end up the same way. My second preferred his side so I used a sleep positioner and was good with him. My daughter pretty much got packed around and was a restless sleeper so she was fine. I was very nervous with my twins because of how much they weren't going to get held and I had (and still do) have them sleeping in Rock and Play sleepers. I read about the Boppy Noggin Nest and bought two of them. We used them in their carseats until just a few weeks ago and in their Rock and Play sleepers everytime they were in them. They were cheap and did the trick!! Just thought I'd share so you could look into them! Congratulations on all your girls...they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Your girls get cuter and cuter everyday!! Glad to hear they're doing well, though I'm sorry about the shots. Those are definitely heart-breaking:(

    My favorite pic is of Cassie watching T.V. with Mandy - she seems like a wonderful big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all Mulberry Handbags, the Bayswater is exquisitely made from the finest leather. Often described as "Darwin leather" this is a soft http://www.mulberry-bags.net/index.php/men-mulberry.html, vegetable tanned leather which lightens or darkens after a while. This "ageing" process enhances the look of the Bayswater giving it it's own unique character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAWW look at them!!! They are just so freaking adorable! Looks and sounds like you are doing a great job momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helo Melissa
    your twin baby very cute
    lucky if i can have like yours
    Helo from eMMe, Malaysia

    ReplyDelete